Back when I was climbing the ultra-glossy corporate ladder…
I was working in some pretty brag-worthy jobs. Public relations, fashion buyer and people management were all roles that worked to pump up my CV and self-esteem.
I was a classic case of a Gen Y girl who looked like she had it all, but was somehow feeling disconnected from myself and what I really, really wanted. Cue staring wistfully at the ocean in contemplation.
The story so far…
When I was in my late 20s, I knew I wanted to live a life far more inspiring than the one I had.
I knew I wanted to live a life that had MEANING, but I had NO CLUE what
that looked like.
So . . . how was I to go about getting the life, job and fulfilment that I wanted . . . if I had no idea where to even start? No blueprint to help me begin building my new life? No one to tell me what to do?
And somewhere between staring wistfully at crashing waves and doing the 9-5 slog, I had the realisation: I don’t need no map. No freakin’ way. I am the master creator.
And then BAM! Cue light bulb!
I started to ask myself some tough questions: What are my values? What’s really important to me? How do I want to feel? And what am I here to do?
So I quit my job, packed up my apartment, said goodbye to my loved ones, and booked a one-way ticket to the other side of the world. As you do when you have no idea what you’re doing. During this time, I travelled trough South America, and then lived in the beautiful mountains of British Columbia, Canada.
It was during this time that I turned my gaze inward. I got real with myself, and reconnected with what I wanted.
I started to listen closely to my heart, and thought about what I wanted for a change, not what script society had written for me. The noise of the outside world slowly faded away, and created space and energy for me to get started on finding my purpose. Whatever that meant!
Have you ever stopped and thought….
Who am I really?
Who was I before the world told me what I could and could not do?
I know I used to.
But when I stopped, I began to peel off the layers and the labels – everything that was not authentic for me.
As soon as I shifted my focus inwards, the volume on my desires and dreams got louder and louder, to the point I couldn’t ignore them any longer. Through listening to my heart, my life path began to emerge before me.
But I had no idea how to go about putting my passion to use.
So what changed for me? I got myself a life coach!
And it’s hands-down changed my life.
LIFE COACHING IS HOW YOU WILL:
- Define what gives you that burst of energy to jump out bed every morning.
- Get clear on your ideal future life vision.
- Create some crystal clear and rock solid goals to get you to that happy place.
- Devise a master plan for reaching those goals.
- Learn key stress management skills so that you can deal with all the crap that inevitably hits the fan.
- Reconnect with yourself, and throw away that script you’ve been following.
- Begin to love yourself. Not in a romantic, lovey-dovey kissing the mirror kind of way, but in a self-acceptance and inner pride kind of way.
- Master the art of facing your fear, and keep on going anyway.
- Identify & quieten down all those self-limiting beliefs through understanding your triggers and any negative patterns.
Don’t be pushed by your problems.
Be lead by your dreams.
– Ralph Eldo Emmerson
Want to dive deeper?
Claim your FREE private Coaching Discovery Session
with me below.
Comments are closed.